Significant Recent Achievements NASW-NM
- Established a quality certification course in social work supervision.
- Is developing a social work licensing bill to be introduced in the 2015 legislature to substantially improve the practice of social work practice in New Mexico.
- Annually conducts the largest social work training event in New Mexico in February with an average of over 800 attending pre-conference and conference events.
- Will sponsor 8th Student Legislative Advocacy Day in February for all MSW & BSW social work students in New Mexico.
- Lead state wide advocacy efforts to combat major disruption of behavioral health services.
- Offers licensing prep classes throughout New Mexico helping hundreds of social workers pass their exam.